Monday, October 3, 2016

Earnestly Seeking


Hosea 5: 15 Then I will return to my lair
    until they have borne their guilt
    and seek my face—
in their misery
    they will earnestly seek me.”

============

“LORD PLEASE HELP!” were the only words out my mouth as I clutched my chest in pain. After being on the fence about this “GOD” thing, I pleaded for my life because I had never felt such intense pain at the time.

  • There were times I did not pay much attention to GOD.
  • There were times I did not seek GOD, only pleasure.
  • There were times I did not pay much attention to what I was doing, not thinking whether I offended GOD or not.


When times were “good”, I forgot GOD. I mean I knew HE existed and I knew about salvation, its just that I didn’t really need HIM at that moment. I would call HIM when I needed HIM and I am sure HE would be right there when I called HIM right? Maybe,

  • GOD said to me “I AM a jealous GOD.”
  • GOD said to me “I AM the first” meaning I should always place HIM first.
  • GOD said to me “Seek first the kingdom of GOD” meaning “Seek first the kingdom of GOD.”


GOD wants me to place HIM first in my life in every way. Unfortunately I don’t always do that. In fact sometimes I go so far away from HIM that HE has to place trials in my life to bring me back to seeking HIS face. Usually the trials are so large that only GOD can fix them.

HE rips through my feeble plan like a hot knife through butter and makes me realize I need HIM. It doesn’t have to be this way. GOD wants me to seek HIM daily and “All will be well.” HE promises protection to those who seek HIS face and HE has never let me down.

  • Are you going through a trial?
  • Do you feel exhausted trying to get yourself out of the trial?
  • Can you seek GOD’s face first today without expectations?


No comments:

Post a Comment