Friday, October 7, 2016

It is not easy


Hosea 9: The prophet, along with my God,
    is the watchman over Ephraim,
yet snares await him on all his paths,
    and hostility in the house of his God.

============

“I’ll teach Sunday School” was my noble decision. Read a little and guide people through a few Bible verses was my concept, but I had no idea what I signed up for. The more I taught, the more I had to study. Then I hit a verse that made me want to jump out of this “teacher” job. GOD said “Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.” I noticed GOD was treating me differently than others.

  • While others could get away with things GOD held me to a higher standard.
  • When other people could do what they wanted to do, GOD held me to a more strict code.
  • While others could say what they wanted to say GOD treated me with less tolerance.


Teaching and prophesying for GOD can be a tough road. Humans and even GOD looks at me differently. The desire to have people change their lives over to following GOD can be met with ridicule and at times, persecution. Temptation to simply say what people want to hear pops up regularly. BUT GOD wants me to say what HE says.

  • GOD says to me “I did not spare my one and only SON to save all who believe.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not speak MY name in vain or make light of MY power.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be proud that you are in MY family rather be thankful enough to teach others.”


Nervousness mixed with confidence is the best way to describe being a teacher of CHRIST. I may “know” something, yet my sinful doubt keeps me from executing GOD’s word flawlessly. Fortunately for me, even though I am held at a higher standard, GOD said “No man will pluck you out of MY hand.” This is comforting and the snares mixed with hostility become bearable.

  • Are you in a ministry and still facing persecution?
  • Do you find following GOD to be difficult at times?
  • Can you rest assured that HE loves what you are doing and asks that you press on?
  • Will you allow HIM to protect you in HIS way and keep going anyway?



No comments:

Post a Comment