Monday, October 31, 2016

Search While I Can

Amos 7: 11 “The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign Lord,
    “when I will send a famine through the land—
not a famine of food or a thirst for water,
    but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord.
12 People will stagger from sea to sea
    and wander from north to east,
searching for the word of the Lord,
    but they will not find it.

============

Nervous about “street witnessing” I went out into the neighborhood. “What will I say?”, “Who will listen?” were a couple of questions that came to mind. We came to the door of a man who showed me he was wearing a probation ankle bracelet. He did this in response to my question “Would you like to come to our church?”

Suddenly I was thrust into having to share the message of CHRIST’s salvation to a stranger. We talked for a while and he said “I believe that CHRIST died for my sins. I have a lot of ‘em.” A couple of weeks later I went to check back on him. His neighbors told me he had been shot and killed.

  • Sometimes I think I have all the time in the world.
  • Sometimes I think I can simply point people to church instead of opening my mouth.
  • Sometimes I think GOD is taking HIS time so I do not have to act with a sense of urgency.


When I pass neighbors and strangers on my way to church, I fail to wonder if someone on my route needs to hear a special message about GOD. In fact I have worked in crowded places and talked to hundreds of people in a single day without talking about GOD. What should I be doing?

  • GOD wants me to take some time out to speak about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to tell people about HIS SON’s voluntary sacrifice that saved me eternally.
  • GOD wants me to act with a sense of urgency on a daily basis because I may never see “that” person who I am arguing with again.


There will come a day where the earth will long for the messages of GOD. It is up to me to take the message to those who need to hear it. GOD says to me “The harvest is plenty but the laborers are few.” My mind needs to be focused on GOD as much as possible because the days are short.

  • Are you nervous about speaking about GOD?
  • Do you find yourself asking GOD for money, yet have not spoken about HIS SON’s gift to you?
  • Will you act with a sense of urgency and speak to people about CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment