Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Prayer for These Days

Habakkuk 3:Lord, I have heard of your fame;
    I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.
Repeat them in our day,
    in our time make them known;
    in wrath remember mercy.

-------

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

============

“What about our time?” I asked. I mean I have read history that recorded immediate deliverance from some ghastly situations. People were rescued from lions and furnaces and removed from jail. Can these things happen today?

  • GOD tells me to say “This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
  • GOD tells me to say “The LORD is my shepherd I shall not want.”
  • GOD says to me “Be still, and know that I AM GOD; I WILL be exalted among the nations, I WILL be exalted in the earth.”


Even when trouble occurs and it seems to be no way out, I will rejoice in the LORD. HE has shown HIMSELF to me time and time again through HIS daily deliverance. GOD is my strength, through HIM comes my joy! amen

  • Will you take your bitterness and turn it into praise today?
  • Will you reduce the amount of complaining you do and trade it in for exaltation today?
  • Will you stop looking at you and start looking at GOD today!


No comments:

Post a Comment