Zechariah 6: 15 Those who are far away will come and help to build the temple of the Lord, and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you. This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God.
“How are we going to do anything to make a difference?” was the question in my mind. The need seemed to be so great that it was overwhelming. We visited a group who had absolutely nothing but the clothes on their backs. What difference would I make?
- There are times that things seem overwhelming.
- There are times that seem like nothing can be done.
- There are times that seem way out of control.
We did not have power tools because we were in a place with no power. My carpentry skills were at the novice level at best but managed to build some shelves for the donated books and benches to replace the board straddled over two cinder blocks.
- GOD said to me “Whatever you do for someone you do for ME.”
- GOD said to me “Ever word you say in MY name does not go out in void.”
- GOD said to me “Go, make disciples teaching them about ME and MY kingdom.”
“Thank you!” was all they could offer but it was not necessary at all. I knew I would be getting on a plane soon to head back to more luxury items that I could barely name. GOD tells me to go and do what I can. HE doesn’t want me to save the world because JESUS did that already. HE simply wants me to have a heart for my neighbor while being obedient to HIM.
- Are you being obedient to GOD?
- Has GOD told you to go somewhere to serve a group or even one person?
- Will you listen to the calling of the LORD and serve someone today?