Haggai 1: 5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it.”
7 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord.
Swimming in deep water, uphill, in a blizzard was how I felt. Drowning in debt and low on wages, I could see the needs pile higher and higher. My car was broken down, rent was due, tuition was unpaid and creditors were calling. Who has time for serving when I am in this much trouble?
- There were times when I thought life was spiraling downward.
- There were times when I thought life would never bring satisfaction.
- There were times when I thought all of my efforts were for naught because I did not seem to be reaping any great harvest.
Focusing in on money would excite some and depress others. I was in the latter because no matter how much I tried I just did not have enough. What was I doing wrong?
- GOD said to me “Focus on ME and I will bless you.”
- GOD said to me “Pay attention to ME and I will make your paths straight.”
- GOD said to me “Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find.”
Lost and bewildered, I gave my life back to GOD. This time something seemed different. I did not care if GOD took everything away from me, as long as my relationship with HIM was fine. It took a while, several years but I noticed a huge change. I was not worried, stressed or lying awake. I was out of debt and living quite comfortably. GOD did come through with HIS promise.
- Are you lying awake over something?
- Do you feel tired of working hard and getting nowhere?
- Will you take time today and focus on what really matters, namely GOD?