Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Much Needed Strength


Zechariah 10: “I will strengthen Judah
    and save the tribes of Joseph.
I will restore them
    because I have compassion on them.
They will be as though
    I had not rejected them,
for I am the Lord their God
    and I will answer them.

-------

12 I will strengthen them in the Lord
    and in his name they will live securely,”
declares the Lord.

============

“I can’t do this” were the words I said as I threw another gutter. This was my first time bowling and everyone else seemed to get it right. I scored a “twelve” which is very far from the perfect game of three hundred. It got so bad that people stopped laughing because of my struggle.

  • There were times in my life when I felt like giving up.
  • There were times in my life when I felt like throwing in the towel.
  • There were times in my life when I felt like I could not do anything right.


In the next try at this painful game someone came over to not only encourage me, but show me how to make a few minor adjustments. I slowed down a bit and aimed the ball towards the seemingly elusive target and got nine points all at once, that was almost as much as my previous entire game. I rejoiced and was glad I did not give up! GOD says the same.

  • GOD says to me “I WILL strengthen you.”
  • GOD says to me “I WILL restore you because I have compassion on you.”
  • GOD says to me “I WILL answer you, and in MY name, you will live securely.”


I no longer felt weak and inept after a little guidance. In fact, I felt strong enough to join a bowling league and got better and better. Life is the same. Sometimes it feels like I am throwing gutter after gutter and getting nowhere. THEN GOD steps in with HIS promises and gives me strength to keep going.

HE provides me with HIS compassion and it is as if HE never rejected me in the first place. GOD loves me so much that HE volunteered to die for me. HE faced excruciating pain and was accused by those close to HIM. When HE rose from the dead, HE sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to live in me. HE speaks to me through HIS word daily.

  • Do you feel weak right now?
  • Are you facing a situation that seems overwhelming?
  • Can you slow down for a moment and allow GOD’s greatness overshadow what you are going through?
  • Can you seek GOD’s compassion today?


No comments:

Post a Comment