Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It is Tempting


Matthew 4:Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

============

“If YOU are GOD then heal my eyes” was my foolish prayer that was met with silence. The thought I had in my mind was to get a quick miracle so I would then dedicate myself back to GOD. Of course the choice was to keep doing what I wanted to do if GOD did not relent.

  • There have been times I have put GOD to the test.
  • There have been times I have put an “If” statement in front of GOD’s power.
  • There have been times I have reduced GOD’s power to what I could “see”.


Tempting GOD to do my bidding is never a good idea. Forcing HIS hand or threatening HIM is the wrong way to serve the ONE who is trying to help me. When I say “If YOU are GOD…” I am really saying “YOU may not be so much of the GOD that YOU say YOU are.”

  • GOD says to me “Do not put the LORD your GOD to the test.”
  • GOD says to me “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of GOD.”
  • GOD says to me “Worship the LORD your GOD, and serve HIM only.”


Fortunately for me, GOD knew I was immature and allowed me to rant foolishly. HE gently guided me back to HIS word and had me focus on HIS ways. The tantrum was over and HE allowed me back into HIS family to serve HIM.

One thing I noticed is the devil tried to use GOD’s word against JESUS. HE has been tempted in every way possible. HE empathizes with me and loves me more.

  • Are you tempting GOD?
  • Do you put false expectations on HIM?
  • Will you stop threatening HIM and start serving HIM today?



No comments:

Post a Comment