Matthew 1: 18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
What a strange plan. As I pondered this plan to save all humans I said to myself, “I would never have done it this way.” I mean in this chapter I read that Joseph was a descendant of murderers, liars, adulterers and thieves. Then it turns out that this guys’ fiancé turns up pregnant without having sex.
- GOD says to me “MY ways are not your ways. MY thoughts are not your thoughts.”
- GOD says to me “I WILL be your GOD and you will be MY people.”
- GOD says to me “I AM.”
Joseph had to do something so divorce was a nice quiet option. BUT GOD said something different. GOD wanted all of humanity to know this was no ordinary plan. It had to be weird, extraordinary, and supernatural. GOD does the same in my life. HIS plans are weird and sometimes seem that they will not work.
- GOD’s plan for me is extraordinary.
- GOD’s plan for me is not the norm.
- GOD’s plan for me sometimes seems strange but when I am obedient it always works!
I did not have an example that compared to the birth of my SAVIOR, but I do recognize that GOD doesn’t always tell me everything up front. HE requires me to have faith without fault. The more I can have the better off I will be.
- Does your plan seem strange?
- Does it seem like you will never get to the finish line?
- Can you stop trying to make sense out of GOD’s plan and ask HIM for the faith to continue?