Matthew 7: 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
“Fun” was what I sought after. I mean “everyone else” seemed to be having “fun” and here I was, by myself, not having any “fun.” I went to church and all I heard was how bad I was and a list of rules I couldn’t follow. “Maybe I should stop going to church and have some FUN!” I thought to myself.
- Sometimes I want what other people have.
- Sometimes I desire what other people are going after.
- Sometimes I crave what the crowd is doing so I can “fit in” with them.
Sex, drinking, and greed were many of the conversations “the crowd” said was okay. It’s okay not to serve GOD or the poor and it’s okay if I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe; was the crowd’s mantra. BUT GOD says something completely different.
- GOD says to me “Enter the narrow gate which is MY SON, JESUS who is the CHRIST.”
- GOD says to me “Stay away from the road to destruction which is listed in MY word.”
- GOD says to me “Find the road that leads to life, namely following JESUS.”
After having ”fun” for a while I found myself at a place where I could not even mention the name of JESUS to anyone around me. “Hypocrite” would be thrown at me if I opened my mouth about GOD because I was not living a lifestyle befitting of HIM, or at least that is what I thought. BUT GOD said something different.
GOD wanted me, in my broken state, to mention how HE rescued me in the “middle” of my sin. HE did not need me to clean myself up in order to mention HIS name. JESUS wiped away my shame and now I can talk freely about my sin without hiding or cowering in the corner. Oh, and by the way, hiding my sin was also me walking on the “broad path.”
- Are you walking on the broad path?
- Are you tired of following GOD’s numerous rules?
- Can you stop for a moment to assess where you are with GOD?
- Do you have hidden sin that you are not admitting to anyone?