Matthew 8: 28 When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”
32 He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water. 33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men. 34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave their region.
“The devil made me do it” were the words of a comedian I watched as a kid. Next came the movies of demon possession with spinning heads of the actresses with bloodshot eyes screaming obscenities. My final stage was attending higher learning and being taught there is only a scientific reason for how humans behave. “Demons don’t really exist, do they?” was now my question.
- Over time I slowly stopped believing in the demonic world.
- In order to not look crazy I pacified my beliefs that demons existed.
- After seeing what the crowd believed I ceased my beliefs in demons.
Books and movies have seemed to explain away the demonic world. When I went to church to verify the existence of demons, I was met with easy sermons of how to live right versus the difficult message that there is a battle against a realm that I cannot see.
- GOD taught me that HE threw the devil out of heaven because of the devil’s pride.
- GOD taught me that HE threw out a third of the angels because they followed the devil.
- GOD taught me that demons not only exist, but some are stronger than others and wreak tons of havoc.
When I read this I realized I had not heard many sermons related to the demonic world that I was convinced that the person believed nor the audience. I felt my belief in demons was strange to say so I kept it to myself. BUT GOD wanted me to grow.
GOD wants me to see that my battle is not against humans or politics rather it is against a force that is stronger than humans but far less mighty than GOD. They bow to HIM and follow HIS commands. How can I protect myself? Through prayer and fasting brings GOD’s protection.
- Have you written off demons?
- Does mentioning demons seem weird?
- Do you believe GOD can protect you from demons if you believe in this realm?
- Will you stop looking at movies and pay attention to what GOD says about HIS control over the demonic world?