Thursday, February 23, 2017

Shielded from Hatred


Matthew 10: 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

============

“Get that Bible off of your desk!” was the exclamation from the account manager. At that time I was taking a theological class and wanted to get my studies in before work. I would arrive at 6:30 AM, thinking I was a model employee, instead I was met with opposition. I did not hang out with the fella’s drinking or carousing. Should I have tried to fit in?

  • Sometimes I’m face with the dilemma of fitting in.
  • Sometimes I am challenged with choosing between following GOD and looking good before humans.
  • Sometimes I face the world with my beliefs and I’m met with being outcast and labeled.


I felt like I was on an island, but something within me said “Keep going, it will be alright.” After a while I was moved from that account. I saw my career diminish so I changed jobs. At the next place I ran into a group of people who would openly pray at lunch. I didn’t think this could exist at a company.

  • GOD wants me to stand firm so HE can deliver me.
  • GOD wants me to stand firm even though people may hate me.
  • GOD wants me to stand firm when I am not quite fitting in.


Instead of compromising my beliefs, GOD wants me to stand firm. HE has a marvelous plan for me on the other side of someone’s hatred. “Standing Firm” on GOD’s word is the shield HE gives me to battle hatred. I can place my belief, trust and faith on GOD and let HIM handle my haters!

  • Are you hated by someone?
  • Do you feel like you are on an island even when you are in a crowd?
  • Can you “Stand Firm” on GOD’s word so HE will fight your battles for you?
  • Will you put your trust in GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment