Matthew 10: 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
“Get that Bible off of your desk!” was the exclamation from the account manager. At that time I was taking a theological class and wanted to get my studies in before work. I would arrive at 6:30 AM, thinking I was a model employee, instead I was met with opposition. I did not hang out with the fella’s drinking or carousing. Should I have tried to fit in?
- Sometimes I’m face with the dilemma of fitting in.
- Sometimes I am challenged with choosing between following GOD and looking good before humans.
- Sometimes I face the world with my beliefs and I’m met with being outcast and labeled.
I felt like I was on an island, but something within me said “Keep going, it will be alright.” After a while I was moved from that account. I saw my career diminish so I changed jobs. At the next place I ran into a group of people who would openly pray at lunch. I didn’t think this could exist at a company.
- GOD wants me to stand firm so HE can deliver me.
- GOD wants me to stand firm even though people may hate me.
- GOD wants me to stand firm when I am not quite fitting in.
Instead of compromising my beliefs, GOD wants me to stand firm. HE has a marvelous plan for me on the other side of someone’s hatred. “Standing Firm” on GOD’s word is the shield HE gives me to battle hatred. I can place my belief, trust and faith on GOD and let HIM handle my haters!
- Are you hated by someone?
- Do you feel like you are on an island even when you are in a crowd?
- Can you “Stand Firm” on GOD’s word so HE will fight your battles for you?
- Will you put your trust in GOD today?