Matthew 9: 27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
“Yes, Lord,” they replied.
29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” 31 But they went out and spread the news about him all over that region.
“Fall backwards” were the words of a neighbor that I trusted. We had a great idea that we would roll like a circus act, instead I hit my head squarely on the concrete! Years later, at a leadership retreat, those words appeared again. “Fall backwards!” “Hmm… should I trust my team?” ran across my mind.
- Sometimes I treat GOD according to my measure of trust in HIM.
- Sometimes I treat GOD like HE has no powers at all.
- Sometimes I treat GOD as a human with limited abilities.
Life has dealt out a number of blows that could be jarring to anyone’s faith. After feeling the concrete pain of challenges should I really trust GOD? Yes!
- GOD wants me to seek HIM with all my heart and all my soul.
- GOD wants me to ask HIM for the impossible and believe HE can and will deliver me.
- GOD wants me to believe and receive according to the measure of my faith in HIM.
Dream small, get small. If I only believe that GOD is the GOD of finding lost keys and growing my career, then HE will probably only deliver that. BUT GOD wants me to dream bigger. HE wants me to believe HE can do anything according to HIS will.
HE wants me to have so many heavenly riches, all I need to do is ask. GOD is willing and able!
- Do you think GOD is small?
- When is the last time you asked HIM to handle something large?
- Will you stop trying to be GOD and let HIM perform miracles in your life?