Matthew 11: 25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
“You are so smart” was the compliment I loved to hear. This meant “I” was special. I worked hard to hear those words again and again. Finally, I reached a point where I was with the top people in my class. “Why are you hanging out with ‘those’ people?” they questioned me. “What people?” I replied. “The ones who will not get into college.” Hmm, is this the right crowd for me?
- There were some very smart people I admired.
- There were some very clever people I followed.
- There were some very intellectual people I tried to emulate only to find it was yet another class trying to exclude.
“Those people” meant it was them against “us.” It felt kind of good for a minute; I mean being hated by the troglodytes who slumped through the hallways. Unfortunately for me, GOD was hiding HIS message from me.
- GOD wanted me to see “People” not “Those people.”
- GOD wanted me to know “The smarter I got, the dumber I got spiritually.”
- GOD wanted me to understand that HIS power is infinite, confusing to humans and shown only to those HE chooses.
It took a while for me to stop worshipping the next genius that came along and start focusing on GOD’s power. Instead of trying to emulate them, I was bound to follow the examples of JESUS. The stuff that HE had me doing did not make sense. Soon I had gone to countries around the world, spreading HIS message of salvation.
While this did not make sense to the intellectual community, it made sense to GOD and that is what matters most!
- Are you trying to be noticed by your intellectual prowess?
- Have you lowered GOD into a thing “those” ignorant people worship?
- Can you open your eyes to GOD’s infinite power to create and sustain human life?
- Will you seek the hidden messages from GOD today?