Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Meeting after meeting, my day was full. If I wasn’t in meetings, I was answering my voicemail or replying to some scathing email left by the arrogant. After a while I found myself without sleep. I would wake in the middle of the night thinking about work. The speed in which I had to reply to issues was ridiculous. Was there any relief?!
- I have been stressed out in the past.
- I have had extreme pressure in the past.
- I have had to face situations where it seemed as if no one was in my corner and I did not know where to turn.
Feeling like no one cares can lead to even more stress. After a while I even asked the question, “GOD do you care?” HE gave me HIS answer.
- GOD said to me “I care so come to me with whatever is stressing you out.”
- GOD said to me “I love you so I will yoke myself with you and pull when you cannot.”
- GOD said to me “I died for you and now I live so with the power that has been given to ME, I will give you rest.”
There is no issue too great for GOD. There is no problem GOD cannot solve. There is no situation that causes me stress that GOD cannot handle. Whether GOD is my first choice or the last, I can always go to HIM and give HIM my burdens.
I can also learn HIS word so in times of stress I can use them to navigate the unwieldy times. GOD cares enough about me that HE wants me to have peace. All I need to do is seek HIM.
- Are you stressed out?
- Do you face situations that have you deeply worried?
- Can you talk to GOD about what is stressing you out?
- Will you connect yourself to HIM and learn HIS word so you can navigate through stressful times?