Monday, March 6, 2017

Your Story


Matthew 11: As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings’ palaces. Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:

“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
    who will prepare your way before you.’

============

JESUS spoke about John in a special way because John dedicated his entire life speaking about JESUS. It made me think… I speak so many wasted words are spoken on a daily basis.
I mean, my thoughts are on family health, work, business, bills and sports all of which are not problems but what should my “story” be?

  • GOD wants to brag about how I spoke about HIS SON.
  • GOD wants to boast about how I stood firm in my beliefs in HIS SON.
  • GOD wants to crow about how I took time out of my day and spread HIS good news about HIS SON.


John is not a person to compete against by saying “I’m going to be better than John,” rather he is one to be admired. I admire that fact that he followed his GODLY purpose to the letter each and every day.

Each person can have a wonderful story that JESUS says “See… look at what ‘my messenger’ did.” GOD gives me a chance, each and every day to craft another chapter in HIS wonderful story for me.

  • Are you talking about JESUS on a daily basis?
  • Do you seek JESUS on a daily basis?
  • Can you start talking about JESUS to other people HE sends you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment