Matthew 14: 13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”
16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
Amazing life in abundance is what GOD wants me to have. When HE has something for me to do, HE will not only provide HE will multiply. The strange thing about this slice of history is the JESUS told the disciples to feed the people with inadequate resources. They even questioned HIM.
- GOD expects me to do amazing things with my limited resources.
- GOD expects me to feed thousands without having the means to do so.
- GOD expects me to be part of HIS solution rather than constantly voicing the problem.
Being part of it means I have to trust GOD when HE tells me to do something huge and I don’t even know where to start. It means being diligent when there is nowhere left to turn. GOD wants to do some amazing things with me and through me. All I need to do is trust HIS provision.
- Is GOD calling you to do something amazing yet you don’t have the resources?
- Do you feel GOD is leading you to do something and you don’t know how to do it?
- Will you allow GOD to provide the resources while you provide your willingness?