Matthew 13: 16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
Seeing and hearing GOD are two things that eluded me for the longest. I just wanted to hear the movie like voice, booming through the clouds. I also desired to see the hand people always paint, reaching down to pick me up. Wouldn’t seeing and hearing make me believe more?
- My faith in GOD has sometimes been small.
- My faith in GOD has sometimes been mixed in with fear and doubt.
- My faith in GOD has sometimes had a dangerous mix of “prove YOURSELF.”
“If YOU are GOD, then why don’t YOU…” has been a thought that has popped into my mind This thought is one that I have learned is the most dangerous one to entertain. It questions HIS being, authority and love. It also introduces my doubt which leads me to need for HIM to boom HIS voice and reach down in ways my small faith can understand.
- GOD shows me HIS hand when HE feeds me daily.
- GOD talks to me through HIS word and HIS SPIRIT.
- GOD gives me purpose of spreading HIS word to those who can hear it.
Every day GOD shows me something and says a lot to me. HE takes my fears, doubts and worries and transforms them into faith, love and peace. HE walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. Now I expect to be attacked and I also expect that GOD will protect.
- Are you looking tor GOD?
- Do you want a sign from HIM?
- Can you seek HIS face in a different way by seeking to do HIS will?
- Will you listen for HIM by reading HIS word today?