Matthew 14: 34 When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret. 35 And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him 36 and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.
Hard dress shoes with no socks is the only memory I have of the guy. We were on a mission’s trip in a place where hope was high and money was low. People from all around came to hear us speak. When I spoke to the gentleman, I asked “Do you live nearby?” “Yes, he answered.” “I walked twenty miles to hear you speak.” I looked at his worn shoes.
- When Good News comes in town, the word gets sent.
- When Good News comes in town, people from all around come to hear it.
- When Good News comes in town, hope raises higher than problems.
Humbled by his trek, I took my teaching more seriously. I mean I didn’t want to disappoint a person who walked on a dusty rocky road for hours, just to hear me, and I am not special or so I think.
- GOD showed me the example that all I need is HIS word to give hope.
- GOD gave me HIS word to give to others freely.
- GOD wants me to go to people who are willing to hear and provide HIS healing.
While the people were seeking JESUS as a healer, they more than likely got something they did not anticipate, namely spiritual healing. The crowd touched his garment after coming from all over the countryside to be healed. They touched only HIS clothes and they were healed. JESUS was amazing to them and HE is amazing to me!
- Are you so excited about GOD that you can’t hold it in?
- Do you feel led to talk about GOD to a group of people?
- Can you send word to many people that JESUS is the Savior?