Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Stumbling

Matthew 18: “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

============

Sexual purity was the last thing on my mind when I was hanging out at the clubs. Admiration turned into action as I sought after short term fulfillment. The problem was the next day. Riddled with guilt and shame I did not feel like I had followed CHRIST and I’m sure I could not talk to my lustful companion about HIM.

  • There were times I have been controlled by lust.
  • There have been times when I said, “I deserve a little sin.”
  • There were times I caused people to stumble.


Dragging someone into my mess is a real problem to GOD. Not only am I harming me, I am harming someone else. GOD wanted my behavior to change.

  • GOD said to me “I want your mind, body and soul.”
  • GOD said to me “I want you to keep the temple I have given you pure and clean.”
  • GOD said to me “Watch carefully what you put in your heart.”


The passage doesn’t just talk about sexual purity. It speaks about character. If I am stealing, lying, cheating, complaining or threatening, I may have caused myself and others to stumble in their faith. GOD wants me to speak and act with HIS motives so others can be drawn to HIM.

  • Are you building people up or tearing them down?
  • Are you fulfilling your lusts and causing yourself and others to stumble?
  • Can you stop focusing on yourself for a moment and focus on others long enough to tell them about JESUS?


No comments:

Post a Comment