Monday, June 12, 2017

Perfect Couple

Matthew 19: When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

============

It is quite amazing how the Pharisees ignored the miracles happening before their very eyes. Instead they brought questions about something that was on their heart in the first place, namely divorce.

  • JESUS says “In the beginning I made male and female.”
  • JESUS says “A man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
  • JESUS says “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”


What happened to the miracles? Didn’t someone get healed from a terminal illness moments before? The mere mention of the word “divorce” distracted me as I have seen the disintegration of this institution with not much help to keep it successful.

  • JESUS took me back to HIS creation to show me how HE meant things to be.
  • JESUS took me back to HIS creation to show me what perfection looked like.
  • JESUS took me back to HIS creation to show me HIS structure, not mine.


There is an important observation in this passage. “GOD has joined together” is the thing that I noticed the most. This means there is more of a purpose than my pleasure in this union. Without JESUS being the purpose of the marriage, two will remain two.

  • Are you divorced or getting divorced?
  • Are you married but are two instead of one?
  • Can you unite for the purpose of JESUS so you can see HIS miracles?


No comments:

Post a Comment