Matthew 18: 18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Purity of prayer is what I believe GOD is looking for. I mean I believe HE wants to get to the heart of the matter, but sometimes my heart my not be focused on GOD, rather my own selfish ways.
- Many times I want “my” way.
- Many times I desire what “I” want.
- Many times I hope to get what is good for ”me.”
“I”, “me”, “my” prayers do not work when there are more than one person involved. If two people oppose each other and are fighting, quite honestly I do not know how GOD sorts out the selfish prayers of the bitter hearts. I honestly believe HE ignores the prayers due to selfishness. How can HE hear the prayers?
- GOD wants me to unite with others and pray together.
- GOD wants me to put aside my selfish ways for a moment in order to have a successful prayer.
- GOD wants me to come together “In HIS name” so HE can come along side of “us.”
Gathering in CHRIST’s name means “my” and “our” motive is only for GOD’s will to be done. We are gathering to ask GOD about something HE wants to grant us. Of course HE wants to give it to us! HE gets so excited that I am uniting with others for HIS purpose that HE gladly bestows it on “us” in abundance.
- When is the last time you gathered with a group to pray for something GOD wants versus individual’s needs?
- Can you drop your selfishness long enough to unite on a common purpose for GOD?
- Will you ask for something amazing to happen like maybe your entire neighborhood accepting and following CHRIST?