Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Just like Me

Matthew 22: 34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

============

One guy would break into our garage regularly. A group would let their dogs loose to poop on our lawn. The kid across the street would laugh at me and try to pick fights. I saw him throw bologna at me. I did not like those neighbors very much!

  • There are some people who seem to grate on my last nerve.
  • There are some people who tend to make me want to complain about them.
  • There are some people who seem to get their way while I take a back seat!


JESUS says “Love your neighbor as yourself.” The problem is I like myself and I didn’t like them. HE was speaking about something higher than bologna being thrown at me. GOD wants something else from me.

  • GOD wants me to love HIM with all my heart and with my soul and with all my mind so I can understand what HE has done for me.
  • GOD wants me to love my neighbors as I love myself so I can stop being selfish.
  • GOD wants me to know that everything said and done in the Bible was because of GOD’s tremendous love!


GOD so loved me that HE gave HIS only begotten SON that if I believe in HIM I will not perish but have everlasting life. For GOD did not send his SON to me to condemn me, but to save my soul through HIM.

My neighbors should receive my best even when they give their worst. This is sometimes hard but not as hard when I focus on loving GOD as HE loved me.

  • Do you have difficult people around you?
  • Can you stop looking at their difficulties and see a creation of GOD?
  • Will you take the poison out of your heart and ask GOD to fill it with love for those who are hard to love?


No comments:

Post a Comment