Thursday, July 20, 2017

Lighten the Load

Matthew 23: Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

============

Perfection was my desire as I cast the vision to my employees. I only had a few people working for me but I had some grand ideas! “This is a lot of work” they said. “Keep going” I told them. When funding dried up I had to do it myself. “Wow, this is a lot of work” I realized.

  • Practicing what I preach is not always easy.
  • Practicing what I preach is not always top of mind.
  • Practicing what I preach is not the first thing on my mind when I expect someone else to be perfect even when I’m not.



JESUS saw through the pastors and teachers of the day. HE saw their desire to be the “boss” rather than the employee. HE saw that in me as well. BUT GOD has a remedy.

  • GOD wants me to serve others especially when I am the boss.
  • GOD wants me to show people how to carry the load by carrying my own.
  • GOD wants me to help others with their load.


“Amazing” should be the word people have of GOD when leaving my presence. They should not feel more burdened or bothered. GOD will convict, convince and contrive in those who are HIS. I do not have to force people to do hard labor to serve GOD cheerfully. GOD wants me to lighten loads.

  • Are you placing heavy loads on people?
  • Do you place loads on others that you have not done yourself?
  • Can you stop placing heavy “churchy” burdens on people and lighten their load so they can see GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment