Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Eye of the Storm

Matthew 26: 17 On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?”

18 He replied, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.’” 19 So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.

============

After a very long day of intense political meetings I came home on edge. I mean how dare this group accuse my group of what they were saying! When I sat down on the couch, my kids came over to play with me. I had to put aside my brooding so I could focus on those around me.

  • Sometimes I have a lot on my mind.
  • Sometimes life dishes out blows that cause me to replay in my mind over and over what’s wrong.
  • Sometimes the storm of life brings worries.


Hurricanes have turbulent sides but in the middle there is a calm area where everything seems fine, this is known as the “eye of the storm.” JESUS was in the eye of the storm. HE had been tempted, lied on and slandered on one side of the storm. HE would face beatings, mockery and death on the other side of the storm, but in the middle HE does something amazing.

  • JESUS calmly says to me “Relax and I will sup with you.”
  • JESUS calmly says to me “It may seem turbulent but there is peace in ME.”
  • JESUS calmly says to me “I see what you are going through and I want to give you peace.”


In the middle of the storm, JESUS sends HIS disciples out to prepare for a nice calm dinner. HE said “MY appointed time is near” so calmly that the disciples missed the meaning. JESUS knew HE would be murdered and blamed for all of my sins, yet HE was calm. I am thankful for the eye of the storm.

  • Are you in the middle of a storm?
  • Are you highly disturbed?
  • Can you do what JESUS did and calm down enough so you can calm others down?

In memory of those affected by Hurricane Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment