Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Good Old Days

Matthew 23: 29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

============

Sitting in my car, I found it difficult to get out this particular day. Looking back on simpler times made me wish I could go back and relive life at a slower pace.

  • There have been times I have looked back in the past and wished I were there.
  • There have been times I have looked back and thought those days were better than the present.
  • There have been times I have desired to be in the “Good Old Days” versus these difficult days.


Whenever trouble pops up my mind wants to go on vacation back to a time when things were good. Unfortunately some of those “Good Old Days” caused these bad days. I easily forget that trouble existed then too. I also forget that I sinned then as I do now.

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIM rather than the past.
  • GOD wants me to desire a wonderful outcome rather than living in a place I cannot go.
  • GOD wants me to dwell in HIM and not the past.


JESUS points out that the Pharisees and Sadducees were trying to clean the sins of their ancestors but in fact they were associating themselves with rebel mongers.

It’s funny how the mind scrubs clean my past. I mean I was rescued from myself many days by GOD and going back and reliving them would be disastrous. GOD took me through the right circumstances to grow me and HE is not finished yet. HIS plans for today are just as good as they were then,

  • Are you longing for the “Good Old Days?”
  • Do you think you were less of a sinner then?
  • Can you focus on what GOD is doing today and praise HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment