Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Guard My House

Matthew 24: 42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

============

“Have a drink” one person exclaimed. Laughter filled the air as the libations were poured out. I did not like the taste but I indulged. Later that evening we played drunk games. While I wasn’t drunk, I indulged. I mean it looked like “fun” and perhaps leading to sex!

  • Many times I let my guards down.
  • Many times I have opened the door to my heart to things that should not be there.
  • Many times I went to sleep when I should have stayed awake, guarding my house.


Nothing good ever came out of letting my guards down, not even for a minute. Whatever I was running away from was still there the next day and then I may have added guilt on top of my problem. What am I supposed to do?

  • GOD says to me “Be ready” so I should stop looking for “me” and seek HIS face.
  • GOD says to me “The SON of man will come” so I should expect HIS return.
  • GOD says to me “I will return when you do not expect ME.”


Readiness is not easy, but necessary. I mean I sin, but I sure would like to be caught in the act of serving someone versus harming them. Being ready makes me do the things GOD wants me to do instead of the things I shouldn’t place in my heart. HE guides me to a better place when I guard my heart.

  • Are you giving up on GOD?
  • Do you feel you “deserve” to sin a little?
  • Can you stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back to the strength which is following CHRIST?


No comments:

Post a Comment