Friday, August 25, 2017

I’M going to be killed

Matthew 26: When Jesus had finished saying all these things, he said to his disciples, “As you know, the Passover is two days away—and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified.”

Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, and they schemed to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him. “But not during the festival,” they said, “or there may be a riot among the people.”

============

Nervous and jittery, one friend said to me “I am going to jail.” He had already been sentenced and was supposed to report to the authorities the next day. I was stunned. I had never heard these words before.

  • Some news from people can catch me off guard.
  • Some news from people can really make me feel helpless.
  • Some news from people can throw me off for a long time.


Sometimes I forget that JESUS walked around as a human.  I can only imagine hearing the terrible news coming from another person as they say “In two days I will be killed by the pastors and preachers and church goers”, but that is what happened.

  • JESUS says to me “I faced extreme hatred to the point where people wanted to kill ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “I faced difficulties, slander and lies about ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “I could have stopped those who thought they were in power, but I chose to die for you.”


JESUS knew HE was going to face this horrible day because HE was in constant communication with the FATHER.  HE chose to lay HIS life down for me. I am deeply indebted to HIM.

  • Is the death of JESUS real to you?
  • Do you sometimes think of JESUS as a fairytale?
  • Can you thank JESUS for willingly trying to save you?


No comments:

Post a Comment