Monday, August 7, 2017

No Surprise

Matthew 24:As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

============


Walking down the crowded hallway, I felt excited. I was finally at my next school and this time things would be better. I was finally away from the thugs at my old school. When the day was over we were given warnings about the travel path home. “Take only these specific safe routes when walking through the neighborhood” they told us. “Aw man! This sounds worse than my old school!”

  • At one time I panicked when I heard warnings.
  • At one time I got nervous when I heard something could go wrong.
  • At one time I was frightened at the mere sound of danger.


JESUS told HIS disciples what was to come and the future did not sound bright at all. There would be wars, famine and lying claims of the Messiah. Then HE said “such things must happen.”

  • GOD wants me to know things will go wrong in my life but HE is there.
  • GOD wants me to expect trouble so I will know to pray instead of falling apart.
  • GOD wants me to be aware of my surroundings so I can rely on HIM instead of freezing out of fright.


Understanding that something could go wrong made me more prepared as I walked through the shadows of thugs. “Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil” enables me to go without fear through troubled times, not around them.

  • Are you going through troubled times?
  • Are you filled with fear?
  • Can you ask GOD to lead you through the times, knowing these things have to happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment