Thursday, August 10, 2017

Scary Clouds


Matthew 24: 26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
    and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
    and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

============

Preoccupied with worries I walked down the street. Dark clouds gathered in the distance and all I could do was wait on the bus. This time the clouds seemed a bit different.

They weren’t the normal shades of black and deep tones of grey; rather they were olive green and swirling. It still was not raining but I noticed paper was starting to blow around in a circular fashion. I saw a small funnel appear in the sky. I was no longer preoccupied, I was scared!


  • There have been storms that have scared me.
  • There have been clouds in the sky that made me nervous.
  • There have been threats of tornadoes, hurricanes and thunderstorms that have changed what I was thinking about.

Immediate danger changes my thinking. I mean when there is a threat of death; I am no longer worried about that class or that person or that bill. All I could do was tremble. JESUS describes HIS return as terrible. HIS sign in the sky followed by HIS appearance will not be a joy to many.


  • GOD wants me to see the storm of JESUS return coming from the distance.
  • GOD wants me to prepare people for HIS terrible storm.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face right now before the storm begins.

The reason JESUS warns us is one day it will be too late to turn to HIM. It will not be a day when those who believe in JESUS will stick out their tongues at those who chose to reject HIM. It will be a terrible day for everyone as friends and loved ones are torn from one another. All pettiness will be forgotten. JESUS wants me to focus people on HIM while we have a chance.


  • Are you preoccupied with worries?
  • Do you think you have forever to worry?
  • Can you start looking for others to point them to CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment