Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Silver and Gold

Matthew 26: 14 Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests 15 and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver. 16 From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

============

Desperate and tired of the job search, I started applying for positions I had no experience in. “Hmm, Deep Sea Diver… I went in the ocean a few times maybe I qualify for that!”

  • There have been times when I was desperate for money.
  • There have been times when I was only focused on my bank account.
  • There have been times when I was so focused on money that I would do almost anything to get it.


Stretching my moral boundaries was a thought as I considered positions I was not qualified for. In other words I could lie a little because I figured I would be a hard worker and eventually be the best at whatever “it” was. BUT GOD wanted me to be different.

  • GOD says to me “Be anxious for nothing” even when times look difficult.
  • GOD says to me “The love of money it the root of all kinds of evil” so my desperation could make me go places I may not return from.
  • GOD says to me “I AM your dwelling place” so HE has a right to guide me in difficult times and in peaceful times.


Looking back I can see it was not the lack of employment that caused my desperation, it was my love of money. One would say I was justified in my actions, but I was the same even when I was employed. Judas was the same way.

He saw an opportunity to put a man in jail for money. He probably never considered they would kill JESUS. He would do anything to please the rich so he would have his slice of the pie. GOD wants me to grab my desperation and give it to HIM. HE wants to be my guide.

  • Are you desperate for money?
  • Are you on the path to doing “anything” for money even outside of your moral boundaries?
  • Can you stop focusing on your bills and ask GOD “How do YOU want me to serve YOU?” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment