Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Amazing Accusations

Matthew 27: 11 Meanwhile Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

“You have said so,” Jesus replied.

12 When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer. 13 Then Pilate asked him, “Don’t you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?” 14 But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge—to the great amazement of the governor.

============

“No I didn’t” was my instant reply when I was falsely accused. “I wasn’t the one! It was him” I said with extended finger. Of course I was right, but they labeled me as a rat who would tell on the mischievous. I was only trying to protect my hide!

  • There were times I blamed others.
  • There were times I made sure everyone knew the source of the issues.
  • There were times I covered myself so I would not get in trouble.


JESUS took the blame to the “great amazement of the governor.” HE knew HE was going to die for the sins of mankind and had nothing to prove or protect himself for. The governor knew his word could bring death to people and was amazed that JESUS would not bow down to such assumed power.

  • JESUS showed me HIS resolve by going to the cross and dying for me.
  • JESUS showed me HIS integrity to die for me even when I blamed HIM for my problems.
  • JESUS showed me HIS love by not speaking a word about my sins and taking on my punishment as HIS.


Not a word was spoken about HIS accusers. HE allowed HIMSELF to be captured, beaten and lied on for me. That is love I can never repay!

  • Are you trying to convince GOD how good you have been lately so you can get your way?
  • Are you blaming someone else for your problems even though you may be right?
  • Can you stand with GOD and allow HIM to remove your barriers instead of squirming out of them by telling on people?


No comments:

Post a Comment