Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fame Name

Matthew 26: 62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.
The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

67 Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68 and said, “Prophesy to us, Messiah. Who hit you?”

============

One “big boss” complimented me and gave me a little authority. I was excited and decided to use it to fight one of his peers who no one liked. “What are you doing?” he asked me. “I’m dealing with one of your problems you were concerned about” I naively replied. He distanced himself from me and I had to face the other “big boss” alone.

  • There were times when I misused someone else’s name.
  • There were times when I thought I was doing something right when I was using that person’s name.
  • There were times when I coupled my bad actions to someone’s name without asking them “Is this what you mean.”


Misusing someone’s name could ruin their reputation and that is what I almost did. Unfortunately, the Pharisees and Sadducees were doing just that with GOD’s name. They took GOD, incarnated as a human, and slapped HIM in the face. They mocked HIM and spit on HIM and told HIM HE was not GOD, but they were mistaken.

  • GOD wants me to hold HIS name high rather than blaming HIM for my power hungry ways.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways so I can keep HIS reputation unblemished.
  • GOD wants me to be gentle and point my life to HIM rather than being arrogant, putting myself on HIS throne.


Doing the wrong things in GOD’s name is worse than not doing anything at all for GOD. Misusing GOD’s word or manipulating others to follow me in GOD’s name is far worse than people who habitually sin without knowing what they are doing. I hold GOD’s name high.

  • Are you doing the wrong things and thinking you are doing it in GOD’s name?
  • Have you asked GOD “Is ‘this’ what you want me to do?”
  • Will you stop being led by your own lusts and ask GOD to lead you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment