Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Sorrow Gate

Matthew 26: 36 Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

============

Deeply troubled about many things, I could not rest. I woke up in the middle of the night with my mind racing over all the things that were going on. Maybe if I work, then I can get my mind off of stuff. I could not work because of all the thoughts.

  • Sometimes I get worried.
  • Sometimes I get troubled.
  • Sometimes I am so full of sorrow, I cannot even think.


As JESUS approached HIS death HE was sorrowful and troubled. Only HE and the FATHER knew what it meant to be blamed for every sin of mankind and JESUS was going to do just that. HE faced deep sorrow but did something amazing.

  • JESUS showed me how to pray in the middle of my sorrow.
  • JESUS showed me how to ask for the FATHER’s will and not mine.
  • JESUS showed me how to bring friends along to watch over me in my sorrow so I won’t stay there.


Deity wrapped in humanity was JESUS’s makeup. HE knew HIS plight and HIS humanity felt sorrow. It’s alright to feel this way but not stay that way. GOD wants me to open a gate to HIM and pray. HE wants to take my sorrow, guilt and shame. All I have to do is pray.

  • Are you full of sorrow?
  • Are you troubled?
  • Will you pray to the FATHER about your troubles so HE can give you peace?  



In loving memory of cousin Curtis.

No comments:

Post a Comment