Monday, October 16, 2017

Call the Authority

Mark: 21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.

============

“What is that weird sound?” I asked myself with a grimace as I turned on the air condition. It was a very hot day and my luxury item was acting like it was dying. I tried to look at it but my lack of knowledge was quickly revealed. “Well, it’s not the filter, now what?” I had to call an expert.

  • Many times I need help.
  • Many times I feel lost ad hopeless.
  • Many times I try something where I am clearly out of my league.


JESUS spoke with authority like no one had heard before. HE knew the heart behind the law because HE wrote the law. HE wasn’t guessing nor manipulating people by twisting the words, like the church leaders were doing. HE showed HIS authority by casting out a demon. All were amazed!

  • When I need help I can call on JESUS because HE has authority over my issue.
  • When I am in trouble I can call on JESUS because HE can handle any trouble with ease.
  • When I need help JESUS steps in even when I cannot call for help.


The demon possessed man could not ask for help, yet the very presence of JESUS made the demon nervous. JESUS helped the man without being asked and HE did it with authority. HE does the same in my life as well. HE steps in when I am petrified and rescues me when I am in trouble. JESUS has authority in my life.

  • Are you stuck?
  • Do you think everything around you is crumbling?
  • Can you look to the only one who has authority and ask JESUS for guidance today?


No comments:

Post a Comment