Thursday, October 5, 2017

End of the Trial

Matthew 28:The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

============

“I finished!” was my exclamation as I put the last words on my last “final” test. College was grueling and I was now finished! I breathed a sigh of relief and was ready to tell everyone! I mean this was great news, well at least to me!

  • When the trial is over I feel elated!
  • When the trial is complete I feel alive!
  • When the trial is over I feel so relieved that I want to tell everyone about coming through my trial!


“Will this trial ever finished?” was my thought on so many occasions. I mean some trials lasted a day, some weeks, some years, while others stretched into decades. When I was through the trial, however, I wanted everyone to know.

The trial was over for humanity. JESUS rose from the dead and the angel said “Do not be afraid.” When the women saw JESUS, HE said the same thing, “Do not be afraid”. Then HE said “Go tell…”

  • JESUS wants me to tell people “HE rose from the grave just like HE said HE would.”
  • JESUS wants me to tell others “HE loves you and cares deeply for you.”
  • JESUS wants me to tell everyone I can “HE wants to be with you forever.”


Overcoming death itself solves the biggest fear of humanity. I don’t mean other fears won’t be larger than death at some point in our lives. I mean everyone will face their own mortality at some point and JESUS knew people would be afraid.

HE wants people to have comfort that HE overcame death and so can you and I. This is exciting news that I can tell many people and be happy about it!

  • Are you going through a trial?
  • Do you remember coming through any other trials in your life?
  • Can you start practicing your excitement by praising GOD in spite of your situation?


No comments:

Post a Comment