Monday, October 9, 2017

For This Reason

Matthew 28: 16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

============

“Why should I?” was my question after someone barked orders at me. I knew “What” I was supposed to do and “How” I was supposed to do it, but “Why” I was doing it eluded me, so I asked. “Because I said so” was the answer” given to me.

  • Sometimes I have questioned authority.
  • Sometimes I wondered if those in charge had it together.
  • Sometimes I checked to see if those in charge were really in charge.


JESUS did what HE said. HE rose from the grave. Lazarus was raised from the dead before JESUS, no one before or after said “I will rise from the dead” and actually do it. 

  • JESUS says to me “Go and make disciples of all nations” because all authority has been given to HIM.
  • JESUS says to me “Baptize all nations in the name of the FATHER and the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT” because of HIS authority.
  • JESUS says to me “Teach them to obey everything I have commanded you” because HE is in authority.


All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to JESUS. HE decides who has eternal life and eternal death. HE decides what happens in a given day for me and has wonderful plans for me each day. JESUS assures me that I am not alone and never will be. HE is in charge and HE loves me.

  • Are you questioning GOD and HIS authority?
  • Do you feel GOD should be doing something different in your life so you have a right to question HIM?
  • Can you allow HIM to take care of you and let HIM decide your path today?


No comments:

Post a Comment