Tuesday, October 10, 2017

How to Spread


Mark 1: The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God, as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:

“I will send my messenger ahead of you,
    who will prepare your way”—
“a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
    make straight paths for him.’”

And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

============

One of the hardest things for me to do was to talk about JESUS to someone. What if they didn’t want to hear it? What if I am laughed at? What if they reject what I am saying?

  • There were times when I did not want to talk about CHRIST.
  • There were times when I feared speaking about JESUS.
  • There were times when I thought more about my reputation than GOD’s reputation.


John was truly the second greatest human to ever live. He dedicated his entire life to telling people about CHRIST. He had the right attitude and the right message.

  • JESUS wants me to understand I have a purpose, namely to speak about HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to know I am not the center of attention rather HE is the primary subject.
  • JESUS wants me to believe in HIS return so I can point people to HIM rather than fixing their ills.


Preparing the way is still desired by CHRIST, HE wants me to tell people there is still hope in a hopeless world. JESUS is that hope, not mankind. HIS message is simple, just believe.

  • Are you trying to get people to pay attention to you?
  • Do you want to be the center of attention?
  • Will you point people to JESUS today instead of yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment