Friday, October 13, 2017

More to Life

Mark 16 As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 18 At once they left their nets and followed him.

19 When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. 20 Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.

============

“Finally a real job” I thought to myself. I had enough of dumping cigarettes in the garbage and cleaning toilets! It wasn’t long into the job that I became restless. The job was repetitious and boring. “There has got to be more to life than this!”

  • There were times when I wondered what my purpose was.
  • There were times when I wondered what the existence of life meant.
  • There were times when I wanted to do more and be more than what I was.


Purpose and meaning were two words that truly resonated with me. I mean if I was doing something were fruitless, I saw through it and desired to run in the opposite direction. What is meaningful?

  • GOD said to me “I want you to come, follow ME.”
  • GOD said to me “I WILL send you out to fish for people.”
  • GOD said to me “There is no failure when I give you purpose.”


When GOD gives me something to do, it is part of HIS intricate plan. Nothing I do goes to waste. I may not see all the steps or components, but HIS plan is perfect. HE calls me into this perfect plan and gives me a higher calling. HE wants me to bring people back to HIM.

  • Are you searching for meaning?
  • Do you think your job or school is your sole purpose in life?
  • Can you stop thinking you are at the end of your rope and allow GOD to use you for a greater purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment