Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Powerful Earthquake


Matthew 28: After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

============

Lying in bed I felt the house shake a little. It did not move too much, just enough to wake me up. I immediately went back to sleep only to find out the next day that the area had a mild earthquake. Cool I thought to myself!

  • Sometimes I underestimate the power of GOD.
  • Sometimes I get desensitized to things happening around me.
  • Sometimes I read devastation in the news and don’t even think twice about it.


Earthquakes are not cool! In fact a huge earthquake happened when CHRIST died. This passage describes a second earthquake and an appearance of an angel. Fear filled the guards and they fainted at the sight of the angel. I thought about the recent earthquakes around the world.

  • GOD wants me to know that HE is still in control of the earth and when it quakes.
  • GOD wants me to know that humans do not control earthquakes, but HE does.
  • GOD wants me to know that through devastation, HIS love is still there for all.


Wait! An earthquake showing love!? Yes! JESUS’ resurrection was so powerful that it caused a major earthquake. Something wonderful happened that all the doubters could not believe. The liars tried to seal the tomb to keep someone from stealing the body, but they did not account for this person being GOD.

HE shook the earth and rose from the grave. This powerful earthquake was just a sign of the power of CHRIST! 

  • Is your life quaking right now?
  • Do you feel things are falling apart and you have no way to fix them?
  • Can you look for the power of GOD to come through in a mighty way today?




Dedicated to the earthquake victims around the world

No comments:

Post a Comment