Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Quiet Healer

Mark 1: 29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her. 31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.

32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed. 33 The whole town gathered at the door, 34 and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.

============

“I’m going to really go fast this time” I thought to myself. As I stepped on the pedal, my pant leg got caught in between the sprocket and the chain of my bike. All I could do was cry. One of my neighbors came out, freed my pants from the relentless grip and rolled the pant leg up so I could ride continuously. I thanked him but he did not say much at all. I never saw him brag about it.

  • Sometimes I need help.
  • Sometimes I feel like crying out.
  • Sometimes I need a healer or a comforter, or someone who can solve my problem.


JESUS was that quiet healer. HE healed thousands of people in this passage but what is intriguing to me is HE told the demons to be quiet because they knew who HE truly was. The timing probably wasn’t right to let people know HE was and is GOD so HE thanklessly served the people.

  • JESUS protects me without thanks from me.
  • JESUS heals me even when I am complaining.
  • JESUS guides me to a better place even when I have freshly sinned.


Not once is it mentioned that JESUS scolded anyone for getting sick or demon possessed. HE simply showed compassion on the people without bragging about who HE was and is. JESUS is my quiet healer.

  • Are you in trouble?
  • Do you feel like crying out?
  • Can you recognize all the times JESUS quietly brought you out of trouble without your thanks?
  • Will you thank JESUS today?


No comments:

Post a Comment