Thursday, October 12, 2017

What’s the Good News


Mark 1: 14 After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. 15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

============

Waiting and waiting, I looked for a reply. When the phone rang I could sense something great was going to happen. I could hardly keep from hollering, but I was at work. I got the job and I was moving out of the city I wanted to leave!

  • Getting “Good News” feels great.
  • Getting “Good News” makes me want to shout with joy.
  • Getting “Good News” is something I heed when I have heard a string of bad news.


An oppressive leader had just put the one ray of hope into prison and the people knew this usually meant death for the person. John was now in jail and those who were baptized by him were probably very nervous. JESUS came out and said “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

  • JESUS wants me to repent of my sins and follow HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize the HE IS the Good News.
  • JESUS wants me to seek HIM in the middle of all the difficulties of life.


When the oppressor was really putting pressure on people JESUS knew exactly what to say. HE spread a message of true hope and that hope was in HIM. HE wants me to do the same. Many people need hope right now, not just me. HE wants me to give hope to a hopeless world. HE wants me to give the world the Good News of JESUS CHRIST.

  • Do you feel down?
  • Do you feel low?
  • Can you accept the Great News that JESUS cares about you, your current situation and your relationship with HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment