Monday, November 27, 2017

A Job to Do


Matthew 6:And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits. He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts— but to wear sandals, and not to put on two tunics.

10 Also He said to them, “In whatever place you enter a house, stay there till you depart from that place. 11 And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

12 So they went out and preached that people should repent. 13 And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.

============

“I’ve got a job for you to do” said one of my teacher’s. I was excited because I was chosen to do something. “Take this to the office” she said. I left the room of studying students and jumped down the hall. When I returned I asked “What else do you want me to do?”

  • When I am chosen it feels great.
  • When I am chosen I feel special.
  • When I am chosen I pay attention to the one who chose me a little more than before.


JESUS felt HIS disciples were now ready to go out and preach HIS message of love and grace. I mean the message was so simple, “I AM GOD and I love you.” Just these simple words about JESUS would drive out demons and heal the sick if said by the believer.

  • JESUS says to me “Go, make disciples and teach them to follow ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “I have chosen you before I made the world.”
  • JESUS says to me “Tell many people about MY love so they will not reject MY grace.”


Rejecting the love of JESUS was also addressed. Whoever felt the simple message was something other than love may not believe. JESUS says “Shake the dust off your feet against those who do not believe.” This was not an immediate “forget them” kind of message.

If you are rejected after showing patience, care and love then take the patience care and love to those who will receive it. Some may take many years, some a few seconds. GOD guides me and gives me a job to do.

  • What has GOD said to you?
  • What job has HE given you to do?
  • Can you be excited about spreading HIS message of love today?


No comments:

Post a Comment