Friday, November 10, 2017

Helpless and Mighty

Mark 4: 26 And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. 29 But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.”

============

When the car stalled out for the fifth time it seemed like we would never get home. The two hour journey had now turned into six. My cousin and I sat there waiting yet again for something miraculous to happen. After fifteen minutes I started the car again. This time it made it all the way home.

  • Sometimes I have problems I cannot fix.
  • Sometimes I have a desire but no solution.
  • Sometimes I have an immediate need but have no way to meet that need.


Helpless is never a fun feeling but it is definitely useful. Looking back on the car situation, I can truly say that it was only GOD that brought me through that situation. I had nothing to offer, no power to give.

  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.”
  • JESUS says to me “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see GOD.”


In my weakness GOD’s might is made perfect. GOD is the one who knows how seeds sprout in this story. JESUS lets HIS disciples know that the power comes only from HIM. I am supposed to go out and plant seeds of love, knowledge and faith to many and let GOD grow the seeds.

As much as I may want someone to believe in CHRIST, I am helpless BUT GOD is mighty! HE wants me to be ready for HIS harvest so HIS glory will shine bright.

  • Are you ready for GOD’s harvest?
  • Can you stop fearing and allow GOD to deliver you the way HE wants to?
  • Will you continue to spread the seeds of GOD wherever HE sends you?


No comments:

Post a Comment