Monday, November 6, 2017

Motivation

Mark 4: And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea. Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:

“Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it. Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth. But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away. And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no crop. But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

And He said to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

============

“I wanna go!” was my immediate response when I heard that my siblings and some neighbors would possibly travel to the local amusement park. I just knew it would be fun and I imagined myself on all the rides. I also said “I wanna go” on vacations, restaurants visits to relatives and recreation.

  • Sometimes I am motivated by getting something that I will enjoy.
  • Sometimes I am motivated to work hard so I can get to some place where I can relax.
  • Sometimes I am motivated to endure life’s trials so I can eventually reach society’s utopia.


Where there was fun I wanted to be there, but what about GOD? I mean HE has stuff for me to do as well right? Yes, but sometimes I am not motivated to do HIS work. I was quite amazed at the beginning of the parable. “A sower went out to sow.” What motivated the sower?

  • GOD wants me to be motivated to seek the lost because HE sought me.
  • GOD wants me to be excited to spread HIS Gospel because HE saved me with it.
  • GOD wants me to be inspired to seek HIS kingdom first then HE will add to me what HE pleases.


Saving people from eternal death was the motivation of the sower. HE created me and does not want me to be lost. HE gives me seeds of wisdom, knowledge and understanding and it is up to me to allow them to grow. HE wants me to do the same to others.

  • Are you stuck?
  • Do you feel like hiding instead of running out and shouting in praise?
  • Can you come out of your hiding place to serve JESUS today just because HE loves you?



No comments:

Post a Comment