Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Overcoming Barriers


Mark 4: 13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness;17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. 18 Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.”

============

Station four was my nemesis. It was the part of the obstacle course that I could not overcome. The gym teacher required that I do ten pullups before moving on to the rest of the course. “Ten? I can’t even do one!” I said to myself.

  • Sometimes life feels like a huge obstacle course.
  • Sometimes life has big things in it that seem hard to overcome.
  • Sometimes life deals out difficulties that seem impossible to overcome.


Ailments, broken relationships, poor grades, job pressures, job loss and death of loved ones are a few obstacles that have kept me from shouting from the mountain that GOD is awesome! I mean how awesome is HE when I am standing out in the rain, getting soaked waiting on a bus? GOD wants me to get stronger.

  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to see Satan trying to steal GOD’s promise of peace and his attempt to replace it with worry.
  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to understand there will be tribulation and persecution so I need to prepare myself.
  • GOD wants me to open my eyes to know I am susceptible to lust of money, lust of power, and lust in general.


When I feel scared, worried, lustful or judgmental, GOD wants me to get my answers from HIM instead of acting on impulse. HE enables me to see that in the middle of a trial, I can still bear fruit for HIM. HE wants me to quiet down, seek HIS face for direction and actually go where HE leads me. There is where I will find fruit for HIS kingdom!

  • Have you given up on GOD?
  • Do you feel more worried than full of praise?
  • Can you look at what GOD has said about your situation in HIS word and act accordingly?
  • Will you accept HIS message of peace for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment