Thursday, November 9, 2017

Shining Light on the Subject

Mark 4: 21 Also He said to them, “Is a lamp brought to be put under a basket or under a bed? Is it not to be set on a lampstand? 22 For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light. 23 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”

24 Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given. 25 For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”

============

“Ooo… I’m telling” were the words I dreaded to hear. It meant that I was caught in the act and this person was going straight to the top, namely the teacher or the parents. “Wait, don’t tell!” were my begging words. “I could get in trouble.” They told and I got in trouble.

  • Sometimes I try to hide my sins.
  • Sometimes I try to pretend I am good when I really am a sinner.
  • Sometimes I want to keep my sins to myself and let others think more highly of me.


My sins had come into the light and I received the consequence for them, but what about the person who told on me? I mean, they just wanted to get me in trouble so they could gloat. GOD has an answer for that.

  • JESUS says to me “With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
  • JESUS says to me “Judge not lest you be judged.”
  • JESUS says to me “Pray for your enemies.”


All of my sins will be brought into the light, so it is better for “me” to bring them into the light than for GOD to do it. By confessing my sins, I realize they actually do not have power over me. This enables me to have a tiny amount of grace that understands why others may hide their sins.

GOD wants me to be extremely careful when shining light on someone else’s sins. Instead of saying “This person has sinned” I can say “We have similar sins” this way GOD is placed as the judge and I am not the accuser rather I am an advocate for forgiveness.

  • Are you hiding your relationship with GOD from others?
  • Are you hiding sin so you can look good in front of the crowd?
  • When you “tell on someone” do you desire to feel superior to “that” person?
  • Can you stop talking about others so GOD will stop taking even what little you have from you?


No comments:

Post a Comment