Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sharp Mind

Mark 8: 13 And He left them, and getting into the boat again, departed to the other side. 14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, and they did not have more than one loaf with them in the boat. 15 Then He charged them, saying, “Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.”

16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “It is because we have no bread.”

17 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “Why do you reason because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? 18 Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?”

They said to Him, “Twelve.”

20 “Also, when I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of fragments did you take up?”

And they said, “Seven.”

21 So He said to them, “How is it you do not understand?”

============

Distracted, I sat in class but none of the information was comprehended. I had other things on my mind and when I tuned in, the instructor was on another topic.

  • Sometimes I get distracted.
  • Sometimes I cannot comprehend because I get lost thinking of various situations.
  • Sometimes understanding is fleeting when I have things on my mind.


With dull, distracted minds, the disciples could not comprehend what JESUS was saying when HE urged them to beware of the Pharisees. JESUS was trying to tell them that even a little desire to be like the Pharisees would ruin a person for eternity. Unfortunately the disciples turned HIS lesson into a blaming session.

  • GOD wants my mind to focus on HIS lessons of growth.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS love lessons.
  • GOD desires that I wake up my mind to what HE is doing.


Sharp minds have clarity. GOD wants me to clearly see HIS power, HIS love and HIS compassion for me. HE doesn’t want the “situation of the day” to ruin my thoughts of HIM.  HE desires to raise me up. My mind needs to be on HIM daily.

  • Are you distracted?
  • Is it difficult to hear GOD because of all the clutter in your life?
  • Can you take a moment to clear the distractions to focus on GOD’s love for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment