Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Common Treatment


Mark 9: Now as they came down from the mountain, He commanded them that they should tell no one the things they had seen, till the Son of Man had risen from the dead. 10 So they kept this word to themselves, questioning what the rising from the dead meant.

11 And they asked Him, saying, “Why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”

12 Then He answered and told them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and restores all things. And how is it written concerning the Son of Man, that He must suffer many things and be treated with contempt? 13 But I say to you that Elijah has also come, and they did to him whatever they wished, as it is written of him.”

============

Relaxed, I responded with a hug to a person I recognized. I was interviewing to be fast-tracked and I did not know every step I took was being watched. Though I answered the questions well, I did not get the position.

  • There were times when I treated the higher ups as common.
  • There were times when I treated my boss’s boss as regular.
  • There were times when I treated people with a higher level, with contempt.


JESUS warns HIS disciples not to tell that they saw Elijah and Moses. They kept their promise and questioned the scribes teaching that Elijah must come first as prophesied by Malachi. JESUS explained that Elijah had come and was treated as common, just like all to other prophets and JESUS HIMSELF.

  • I should treat JESUS with reverence instead of commonplace.
  • I should look at GOD as GOD, not as a genie or swear word.
  • I should view what JESUS did as awesome incredible, not boring forgetful.


GOD becoming man is something that should be discussed daily. Sometimes I forget to even think of GOD due to my mind being pulled towards the worries of the world. BUT GOD reminds me of HIS presence and I appreciate what HE has done.

  • Are you treating GOD as common?
  • Do you use HIS name I vain?
  • Can you talk to HIM with the reverence HE deserves today?


No comments:

Post a Comment