Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Direct Statement

Mark 9: 30 Then they departed from there and passed through Galilee, and He did not want anyone to know it. 31 For He taught His disciples and said to them, “The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third day.” 32 But they did not understand this saying, and were afraid to ask Him.

============

“You are being moved to a division and will be in charge of your own department” was the statement. “Why, what did I do?” was my reply in horror.

  • Sometimes good news has to be spelled out to me.
  • Sometimes good news sounds like bad news to me.
  • Sometimes good news is hidden from my worried ears.


I can only guess what the disciples were thinking when JESUS told them HE would be murdered and will rise from the dead. What an absurd statement! No one had ever made that claim and fulfilled it. BUT GOD knew what HE was talking about.

  • JESUS says to me “I love you dearly”.
  • JESUS says to me “I have placed MY SPIRIT inside of you to comfort you.”
  • JESUS says to me “I will be with you always.”


Clear and direct statements have been said to me, yet I fear, worry and doubt. HE makes it very easy and clear that HE cannot love me more than HE already does. HE has wiped away all of my sins. I do not have to wonder about HIS love for me. In fact I can embrace HIS love daily.

  • Are you worried that GOD has left you?
  • Do you think the sin you did is holding you back?
  • Can you look at GOD differently as the ONE who forgives, cleans and loves?


No comments:

Post a Comment